Craig M. TighePartner
Craig Tighe focuses his practice on corporate and securities matters, commercial finance, private equity and mezzanine investments, venture and angel investing, venture debt and leasing, workouts and restructurings, and mergers and acquisitions.
Craig serves as counsel to corporations in a number of industries, including early stage clean tech and technology companies, telecommunication businesses, beverage and food companies and consumer product manufacturers. He is also counsel to a number of banks and other financial institutions, as well as to equity investors and venture and private equity funds.
Craig regularly represents venture capital funds in preferred and bridge investments in early- and late-stage technology companies. He also counsels buyers and sellers in acquisitions. Craig has extensive experience in advising both lenders and borrowers in structuring, negotiating and restructuring credit facilities, including syndicated credits, Rule 144A convertible debt and high yield offerings and industrial revenue bond financings. He also has counseled clients on vendor financing programs, off balance sheet financing arrangements and debtor in possession financings.
In addition, Craig has represented purchasers and sellers of distressed businesses, and has counseled boards of troubled companies. He has structured and provided advice on joint ventures.
- Investors in purchase of PACE Bonds
- The owner of a renewable energy project in its development and financing
- A semiconductor product company in an acquisition and the related equity, senior and mezzanine financing and recapitalization transactions transactions and its sale to a public company
- A closely-held food company in its sale to a private equity firm
- Lenders in financing solar power projects
- A purchaser of renewable energy projects rebates
- A closely-held consumer products company in its sale to a private equity firm
- A private equity firm in the sale of a portfolio company
- A public semiconductor chip company in cross-border secured credit facility
- Venture capital and private equity funds in capital call facilities
- A semiconductor chip company in a Rule 144A senior notes offering
- An Internet infrastructure company in an off-balance-sheet land financing
- An Internet service provider in mezzanine financing
- A food processor in the acquisition of a competitor out of bankruptcy
- Global New Energy and Manufacturing Summit, Venture Capital Trends in Energy and Cleantech Investing
- Colorado Cleantech Fellows Institute, Raising Cleantech Capital
- Grow California Clean Tech Innovation Conference, State of the Clean Tech Industry
- Sweden-US Entrepreneurial Forum, Emerging Technology and Investment Trends in the Cleantech Sector
- GreenBeat Smart Grid Conference, Innovation Competition
- Coronado Ventures Forum, Director Duties in the Case of a Troubled Startup Company
- J.D., Stanford University 1981
- B.A., Wesleyan University 1976
Craig is designated one of San Francisco's Best Lawyers by San Francisco magazine (2015), is listed in Marquis Who's Who in American Law (2015 – 2016) and is listed in The Best Lawyers in America (2014).
He has been named a Northern California Super Lawyer as the result of a joint research project conducted by Law & Politics and San Francisco magazines (2011).
He is also listed in the Daily Journal's Top 25 Clean Tech Lawyers in California.
- "Funding the Future: The Role of Private Parties in Internationally Financed Climate Projects," The Recorder (July 7, 2020)
- "Clean Tech is Not Dead," Renewable Energy World (July 2, 2012)
- Moderator, "Watts & Wine – EU and US Perspectives on the European Energy Crisis," German American Business Association, April 20, 2023
Memberships And Affiliations
- Board of Directors, San Francisco Zoological Society
- Blue Ribbon Task Force on Nanotechnology