Our annual Global M&A Intelligence Report is based on an analysis of key deal terms in over 2,000 private M&A transactions on which we advised since 2015.
For the ninth successive year we were number one for global M&A deal volume. We also advised on the most European Private Equity buyout and exit deals in 2018.
Our report includes analysis and commentary on the following key topics:
- Typical transaction structures and deal processes used globally.
- The impact that an auction process has on the legal terms of a sale and the apportionment of liability between buyers and sellers.
- Who wins the auction game and how they do it.
- What pricing mechanisms are used and the impact of geography.
- How Private Equity behaves when buying and selling and how this differs to the approach taken by trade.
- Typical earn-out terms.
- MAC provisions and the general apportionment of risk in a conditional deal.
- What is market for seller protections - caps, baskets, claim periods.
- The impact of M&A insurance on deal terms.
You can request a copy of the full report using the button below. Alternatively, please get in touch with your usual DLA Piper contact to request a copy of the report.
Please note, requests will be reviewed and approved at the discretion of DLA Piper. We cannot guarantee you will receive the report after submitting a request. Alternatively, please get in touch with your usual DLA Piper contact to request a copy.
Please allow up to 7 working days for your soft-copy request to be processed.