This half day workshop delivered by a local employment law expert will provide an overview of the key employment laws and best practices in the USA from recruitment through to termination.
Kevin Connelly (Chicago-based DLA Piper Lawyer)
- Overview: The employment & labour landscape
- Recruitment: Set up; Pre-hire checks; Immigration
- Employment status: Employment status options; Misclassification
- Employment contracts and policies: At will employment; Employment contracts; Policies
- Working time, time off work: Wage and hour legislation; Overtime; Vacation; Sick leave; Other time off work
- Pay and benefits: Minimum wage; Benefits and pensions
- Family friendly rights: Maternity leave; Other rights for parents
- Discrimination and harassment: Discrimination and harassment protection; Affirmative action
- Managing poor performance: Dos and don'ts
- Collective employee relations: Trade union membership and rights
- Termination of employment: Individual termination; Collective dismissals: WARN
- Restrictive covenants: Permissible restrictions; Conditions required for effective covenants
- Dispute resolution: Common claims and a summary of the process
Discounts are available for multiple bookings: 2 Courses £500 plus VAT/ 3 Courses £650 plus VAT/ 4 Courses £800 plus VAT/ 5 Courses £950 plus VAT/ 6 Courses £1100 plus VAT.