Pensions News which aims to help employers and trustees keep up to date with developments in pensions legislation, guidance and case law.
This edition of Pensions News summarises the key developments from August 2015.
View the full text of Pensions News
We also produce Pensions News - In Brief which covers all the same items as Pensions News but provides just a "bite-sized" summary of each. View Pensions News - In Brief
It covers items including the following:
- DC flexibility reforms: regulations amending the legislation which prevents members of unfunded public service DB schemes from transferring to a scheme in which they can access their benefits flexibly in order to close a loophole.
- The Pensions Regulator: updated guidance for trustees of DB schemes about assessing and monitoring the employer covenant; and information to help trustees understand the charge controls and governance standards introduced in April 2015.
- HMRC: the latest pension schemes newsletter which covers issues including pension savings statements, and further information about the list of Recognised Overseas Pension Schemes notifications.
- Public service pension schemes: the publication of information by GAD and an update from the Pensions Ombudsman following the May determination in the lead complaint concerning the review of commutation factors in the police and firefighters' pension schemes.
- Other News: the launch of a Financial Advice Market Review which will examine how financial advice could work better for consumers.