The July edition of Pensions Round-Up provides an overview of developments in pension legislation, case law and regulatory guidance.
In this edition we look at key developments from the past month including the following.
- The Pensions Regulator: a guidance statement for trustees about market volatility following the EU referendum; the coming into effect of the updated DC code of practice; the publication of research about DC governance; a Discussion Paper about 21st century trusteeship and governance; the Regulator's Annual Report and Accounts for 2015/16; and the latest annual commentary and analysis on automatic enrolment.
- Department for Work and Pensions: the publication of updated fact sheets about the new State Pension and the end of contracting-out; and the Government's response to the Work and Pensions Committee's May report about automatic enrolment.
- Legislation: regulations to extend the phasing period for the minimum DC contribution requirements for automatic enrolment; and completion of the Public Bill Committee stage of the Finance Bill.
- Other news: Annual Reports and Accounts for 2015/16 for the Pensions Ombudsman Service, the Pensions Advisory Service and the Pension Protection Fund; information from HMRC about its GMP Checker; and an update from the FCA on its work around pensions and retirement income.
- On the Horizon: a timeline of some of the key future developments in pensions to help employers and trustees plan ahead.