Pension schemes are subject to ever more complex and wide-ranging legislation and the growth in pensions litigation is a reminder of the consequences of getting it wrong. With the pressure on trustees continuing to grow, in terms of their knowledge and understanding of business practices and the law, we can help.
Fountain Trustee Limited (FTL) has provided independent trustee services since 1991. Part of the internationally recognised law firm DLA Piper, our directors are all specialists in pensions law, with our longest serving staff having more than 10 years' trustee experience dealing with a wide range of issues. We have a pragmatic approach to business and have a proven track record of providing high quality trustee services.
What makes us different is that we provide legally sound trustee services plus specialised technical skills and project management. Most firms don't have this capability; our staff have practical experience of administering schemes; first-hand knowledge of the challenges, pitfalls and opportunities. At the same time, we also offer the legal know-how other specialist trustee service providers simply cannot match.
We have extensive experience in the following:
Defined benefit, money purchase and cash balance schemes, insured schemes and self-administered schemes
- Scheme-specific funding valuations including negotiating schedules of contributions and contingent assets
- Negotiating a suspension of deficit contributions between triennial valuations
- Buy-outs and buy-ins of benefits and liability management exercises
- Dealing with the Pensions Regulator on matters such as clearance applications and approved withdrawal arrangements
- Insolvencies and acting as trustee of schemes in wind-up or assessment periods for the Pension Protection Fund
If you would like to learn more about how we can help, please view our brochure or contact one of our lawyers: