We regularly sponsor, speak at and participate in sector-related conferences worldwide, including the International Hotel Investment Forum in Berlin, The Americas Lodging Investment Summit in California, the Hotel Investment Conference Asia Pacific in Hong Kong, and the Arabian Hotel Investment Conference in Dubai.
In the US, our hospitality and leisure sector group is highly ranked in the leisure and hospitality category of Chambers USA, the guide to America's leading lawyers for business.
In recent times, we have acted on more transactions within the sector than any other law firm, advising global, regional and national companies and high net worth individuals. Our experience includes:
- Advertising and brand: Our lawyers help the Savoy Hotel Group manage its global trade mark portfolio and infringement issues
- Corporate, joint ventures and funds: We represented InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) in forming a joint venture with Brack Real Estate Group to develop a mixed-use project on the Lower East Side of Manhattan in New York that will be anchored by IHG's Hotel Indigo
- Development, acquisition and disposal: We advised Public Investment Corporation (representing the Government Employees Pension Fund) in a joint venture on the acquisition of the iconic V&A Waterfront development in Cape Town. The deal has been valued at $1.2 billion, the largest single asset real estate transaction to date in South Africa.
- Finance and restructuring: We represented Alternative Hotel Group in the restructuring of its portfolio as a consequence of the restructuring of the Group's £1.7 billion debt and equity arrangements with Lloyds Banking Group, which included one of the largest debt-for-equity swaps in British corporate history.
- Franchise, outsourcing and commercial agreements: Maxim's Caterers, Hong Kong's largest food services company, turned to us to represent it in merchandising agreements, co-branding and promotion agreements in Hong Kong, Macau and South China and also in obtaining new rights in Western China.
- Major sporting events: Our lawyers helped the Olympic Delivery Authority with its infrastructural arrangements for the London 2012 Olympics.
- Management agreements and operations: Capital Partners turned to us to help develop, negotiate and structure hotel and resort contracts under the Ritz Carlton (3), Canyon Ranch, Mandarin Oriental (2), Six Senses and Marriott Residences brands in Russia, Kazakhstan and Turkey