Our dedicated restructuring team based in the Slovak Republic advises local and international clients on all aspects of restructuring and insolvency, whether in anticipation of them or in dealing with their consequences.
We regularly represent creditor groups, committees, trustees, debtors and other parties on a range of matters, including post-restructuring reviews and post-acquisition restructuring processes.
Our restructuring team in the Slovak Republic is part of our Global Restructuring Group, which is one of the world's leaders. With dedicated restructuring lawyers across the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East, we have the knowledge, experience and resources to address our clients' restructuring and insolvency needs on a national and international basis. Around the world, our experienced restructuring lawyers 'on the ground' have extensive knowledge of local markets and the associated challenges our clients face.
We advise clients on:
- Debt and asset tracing and recovery
- Disposals, including pre-packaged solutions, distressed M&A and real estate workout
- Distressed debt trading
- Financial restructuring
- Formal insolvency/bankruptcy procedures and creditor committee representation
- Insolvency/bankruptcy-related investigation, litigation and enforcement
- International restructuring strategy and procedures
- Operational restructuring
- Post-acquisition restructuring
- Post-restructuring reviews
We advise clients across a wide range of industry sectors. Some significant restructuring matters we have recently worked on include:
- Card and payment processing company - Advising a leading international card and payment processing company on the Slovak part of its indirect acquisition of a CEE payment solutions group, including the post-acquisition restructuring process in Slovakia.
- Construction industry client - Advising an Austria-based specialist in building protection and construction chemicals, on the restructuring of its Slovak business. The restructuring comprised a wide variety of restructuring tools – share transfers and transfer of specific activities accompanied by an automatic transfer of the respective employees, involving several group entities.
- Retail sector client - Advising a successful retail chain on the restructuring of assets based in Slovakia. In addition, our team is providing legal advice on an ongoing basis in respect of all the client's requirements for its Slovak operations.
- Technology sector client - Advising a leading Greek provider of state-of-the-art integrated gaming systems to lottery organisations worldwide on its internal holding company restructuring proceedings. The deal involved the restructuring of the local business as part of the wider group structure, allowing it to optimise its refinancing plans. This matter was made more complex by the onerous regulatory requirements within this sector. The deal is unique in that there are not many of this type of business, as it has a local footprint rather than being a purely online provider.
- Tool manufacturer - Advising the Slovak subsidiary of one of the largest direct sellers of tools and consumables in the construction and automotive industries on the complex restructuring of the sole shareholder of the Slovak company, as well as on the appointment of new managing directors.