Please join us for our 16th Annual Summer School. This year the Summer School will be held in Oxford and we will be studying at Pembroke College, with a programme that will equip you with the latest information on key areas such as Brexit, GDPR and the gig economy.
The Summer School continues to grow and exceed delegate expectations. As a testament to the quality of the course, a number of organisations send delegates year after year for their annual employment law update.
The Summer School was developed because we recognise that so many people find it difficult to make the time to study the many changes in employment law and how they may affect your workplace.
The benefit of the Summer School is that it is an intensive programme away from the usual distractions. The added benefit of the full programme is the opportunity to meet other HR professionals in a relaxed environment and to learn from their different experiences.
Bring your team! Group discounts apply and seminar rooms can be made available for team building exercises.
Some of the many reasons that this Summer School has proved so popular:
- All-inclusive residential Summer School at one of Oxford's best known and most beautiful colleges
- Expert and popular course tutors
- A mixture of lectures, case studies and workshops with ample opportunity to question the lecturers both in class and informally during the social programme
- Unique 'Rapid Fire Sessions'. Your chance to choose the topics covered and make sure your pressing employment law issues are tackled!
- Full and comprehensive notes are provided which will act as an invaluable reference tool when you get back to the office
- Many of our delegates come back year after year
- A full and varied social programme has been designed to complement your stay in Oxford and to give you a great chance to meet your peer group
Summer School Programme
Evening - Back to basics workshop
9am-9.30am: Introduction to the summer school, timetable, materials programme.
9.30am-12.45pm: Key Current Issues in Employment Law and Practice including Brexit / Gender Pay Reporting / GDPR / Tax on Termination Payments / Discrimination update
12.45pm-1pm Rapid Fire questions
2pm-3.15pm - choice of two workshops - either TUPE Overview and Update or How to Manage Terminations of Employment.
3.35pm-4.40 pm Stress, long term sickness, disability and discipline workshop.
4.40pm-5pm Rapid Fire questions
7.30pm Dinner followed by a Quiz
9am-10.00am: The Gig Economy
10am-11am Employment Tribunal practice and procedure
11.20am-12.45pm: Introduction to Employment Tribunal Case Study
2pm-5pm: Case study full hearing with “Judge” from Littleton Chambers
5pm-5.15pm: Rapid Fire questions
6pm: Oxford Tour
7.30pm: Dinner at Oxford restaurant
9.15am-10.30am: Employment Contracts
11am-12.30pm: Case Law Update
12.30pm-12.45pm Rapid Fire questions
Close of summer school
If you are interested in attending this event, please email Anna Juniper and Rachel Cook.
Cancellation: If you are not able to attend a course you have booked, you may send a substitute. However, a refund cannot be made for cancellations received less than six weeks before the course is scheduled to take place.