This Start-up Pack has been designed and prepared by DLA Piper’s Technology Sector initiative, which includes lawyers with experience in intellectual property, corporate, employment and tax matters.
The purpose of this Start-up Pack is to provide assistance and support to early stage start-ups who are looking to establish their business on a more formal basis. Creating the right legal framework and ensuring that the business is protected at the outset is vital for a start-up to achieve its full potential.
We have drawn from our significant experience in advising companies at all stages in the corporate life cycle to assist start-up companies with understanding some of the key legal issues that are likely to be relevant to them at this stage of their development.
DLA Piper have also been actively involved in and devoted significant resources to the vibrant start-up scene. We have a presence in London’s thriving Tech City and by attending and hosting numerous start-up and venture capitalist events we have been able to tailor this Start-up Pack to the needs of the start-up community.
This Start-up Pack contains the key legal documents that an early stage start-up will need and includes:
a step by step guide to setting up a company in the UK;
- a subscription and shareholders’ agreement;
- an intellectual property assignment agreement;
- a non-disclosure agreement;
- a standard employment contract;
- an intellectual property checklist;
- a tax checklist; and
- a checklist of regulatory restrictions.
The information contained in this Start-up Pack is offered open source and is freely available. It is intended to be shared amongst the start-up community to educate and provide assistance to start-ups to reach their full potential.
Download a copy of the Start-up Pack*
For more information, to send feedback, or for receiving legal updates regarding start-ups please send an email to [email protected]
The legal documents are in Microsoft Word format. Users with Windows who do not have access to Microsoft Word can view Word documents on this website by downloading Word Viewer.
* By downloading and/or accessing and/or reviewing and/or using the Start-up Pack you confirm that you: have fully considered the terms and conditions; have obtained such legal advice as you consider appropriate and consider such provisions to be reasonable; understand that they may affect your rights or responsibilities; and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.