DLA Piper has announced the winners of its All-Ukraine Competition for Law Students 2015.
The winners this year are:
• 1st place: Anton Zaderygolova - Yaroslav the Wise National Law University.
• 2nd place: Andrii Buznytskyi,- Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University.
• 3rd place: Kateryna Dmytrenko - Yaroslav the Wise National Law University.
The winners will all receive a one-month internship at DLA Piper Kyiv office with an opportunity to choose the practice group where they would like to work.
Margarita Karpenko, Kyiv Managing Partner at DLA Piper, said "The winners can gain first-hand experience of what it is like to work in an international law firm in Ukraine, and what it is like to be a lawyer at DLA Piper. I am very happy to see that so many of our interns have progressed to become trainees and associates in our firm."
First launched in 2005, the Competition reaches more than 10,000 law students in Ukrainian universities. Competition is open to 4th and 5th-year law students with a strong academic standing. The winners are selected on scholastic achievement, demonstrated knowledge, leadership and interest in their area of practice.
The Judging Panel for 2015 included:
• Kateryna Chala, Managing Partner, MMI Group, IT holding
• Margarita Karpenko, Managing Partner, DLA Piper Ukraine (Kyiv)
• Natalia Kochergina, partner and head of Real Estate, DLA Piper Ukraine (Kyiv)
• Oleksandr Kondratyuk, legal counsel, Sanofi-Aventis Ukraine LLC
• Olga Kravchenko, head of section for judicial system and judge status, Main Department for Legal Policy, Administration of the President of Ukraine
• Anna Lazurenko, head of legal, Louis Dreyfus Commodities Ukraine Ltd. LLC
• Svitlana Musienko, partner and head of Tax, DLA Piper Ukraine (Kyiv)
• Olga Romanenko, senior associate, DLA Piper Ukraine (Kyiv)
• Dmytro Rylovnikov, associate, DLA Piper Ukraine (Kyiv)
• Maksym Solopov, head of law department, Allegro Group
• Oksana Syroyid, deputy head of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine
• Yuriy Vakhel, head of legal and business development, Noble Resources Ukraine LLC
• Galyna Zagorodniuk, legal director, DLA Piper Ukraine (Kyiv)
All-Ukraine Competition for Law Students 2015 is supported by:
• The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
• The Students' League of Ukrainian Bar Association
• The European student's forum "AEGEE-Kyiv"
• The Interfax information agency, information partner
• The Yurydychna Gazeta Weekly, media partner