To start your career with us, we are offering the opportunity to secure an internship, to give you an insight into what life is like at DLA Piper.
We offer students the chance to join our summer internship programme. You'll meet a range of people across the firm, participate in a variety of talks and social events, enabling you to get a clear insight into who we are and what we do.
DLA Piper in Shanghai and Beijing offer the opportunity to experience our different practice groups:
- Intellectual Property and Technology
- Finance and Projects
- Litigation and Regulatory
- Real Estate
What we look for
Our people come from a diverse range of backgrounds. We don't have a set profile for our lawyers - that's what sets us apart. Not only does this allow us to serve our diverse clients better; it opens up a range of different and unique perspectives.
You will need a strong academic record, and a real passion for developing a career as a lawyer. But it goes further than that. Among other things, we'll be looking for candidates who are naturally inquisitive, have plenty of drive, and can show a genuine commitment to their chosen career path. Your personal qualities will be important too. If you can provide tangible examples of your abilities in these areas, you'll have a greater chance of success.
LEADERSHIP: Takes control and initiates action by giving direction and taking responsibility.
CREATIVITY: Applies creativity to develop new and innovative solutions.
TEAMWORK: Works effectively with individuals and teams, and provides a consistent role model for organisational values.
COMMERCIAL OUTLOOK: Pays attention to commercial factors and opportunities.
ADAPTABILITY: Responds to change positively and copes with setbacks.
ORGANISATION: Is able to provide clear and effective delivery of projects.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Builds positive relationships by communicating, networking and influencing effectively.
ANALYSIS: Gets to the heart of complex issues and problems through clear analytical thinking.
2017/2018 Internship Program
- Summer internship (full-time in July and August 2017)
- Selected summer interns will be invited to the post-summer internship (September 2017 - June 2018)
- Candidates with exceptional performance during the internship period would be offered an employment opportunity with DLA Piper after their graduation in 2018.
- PRC top tier law school students who will graduate in 2018
- Available for full-time internship during the 2017 summer vacation and the 2017/18 school year
- Ability to commit to a minimum of three months
- Excellent command of English
- Strong communication and organization skills
Application submission deadline
All applications will be dealt with in strict confidence. Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Unsuccessful application materials will be destroyed within 6 months from the date of application.
How to apply
To apply for our Summer Internship Programme, please submit a copy of your CV, academic transcripts and covering note to: recruitment.[email protected] / [email protected].
Put your email subject - '2017 Internship_School Name_Applied Office_Applicant Name'
Closing date for applications: 15 May 2017