TOKO supports a wide variety of asset classes including:
TOKO in action
TOKO and DLA Piper have advised clients on legal structuring models for digital asset offerings and tokenization advisory:
- Structuring a USD20 million token offering for a real estate developer to finance a Hong Kong hotel renovation.
- Structuring a token offering for a real estate developer to finance land development in Lombok, Indonesia.
- Tokenizing an existing corporate bond for a Thai property developer to facilitate the acquisition of a London real estate portfolio.
- Structuring replacement financing into a closed-ended Singaporean fund via a digital security token; a multiple token model was developed to unpack underlying fund assets.
- Tokenizing closing documentation for a US-based environmental and demolition services company after completion of a transaction.
- Developing a tokenized model of financing patent royalty streams.
- Structuring a token offering for a blockchain-based decentralized data marketplace that facilitates the secure and anonymous sale of validated private information.
TOKO in the Press
Law firms chase a piece of the crypto action
The legal grey areas in this field have opened up opportunities for lawyers to become trusted advisers
South China Morning Post
Hong Kong could see more instances of "tokenisation" in real estate, as market embraces fintech
The Wonders of Asset Tokenisation
Have you ever thought about tokenising your own asset? The expectations for tokenisation are similar to the enthusiastic early years of space exploration, in that the opportunities and possibilities appear endless.
In this episode, we talk to law firm DLA Piper's go-to blockchain person Scott Thiel to understand the concept of tokenisation, how a token is created and existing examples of tokenised assets.