This webinar, hosted by DLA Piper on 15 July 2020, examined the ESG trend, and what it means for those seeking to ensure their brand’s marketing campaigns are compliant around the world.
Sustainability, and Environmental/ Social/ Governance (ESG) topics had already grown in importance for businesses, regulators and consumers pre COVID-19. Their prominence has been further propelled by the COVID-19 pandemic, which has been a key inflection point for action on these issues. There is an associated global trend towards greater advertising based on ESG issues, with brands increasingly claiming they and their products have environmental, social or sustainability credentials. This webinar, hosted by DLA Piper, examines the trend, and what it means for those seeking to ensure their brand’s marketing campaigns are compliant around the world.
The webinar (find access to the recording below), includes an international perspective on topics such as:
- What do we mean by “ESG” and “sustainability”, in the context of advertising claims?
- What kinds of rules should companies be aware of in making sustainability claims?
- What should companies be aware of in entering partnerships with charities, and companies known for sustainability?
- What kind of substantiation is required to make environmental claims in advertising?
- How about making claims comparing one brand’s ESG credentials with those of its competitor?
Watch webinar (live session recorded 15 July 2020)