DLA Piper has become a signatory to a five-point action agenda created by a consortium of ten leading organizations and supported by more than 90 private sector companies to address the adverse social and economic impacts of the COVID-19 outbreak on vulnerable communities.
Along with DLA Piper, other signatories include major companies from the financial services, professional services, life sciences, technology, sports, media and entertainment, retail, automotive and airline industries, among others.
The five-point agenda includes:
- Promote Inclusion: Advocate for a diverse and inclusive workplace and society
- Raise Awareness: Highlight the unique impacts of COVID-19 on vulnerable groups
- Denounce Bias: Encourage individuals to report virus-linked discriminatory acts against Pan-Asians and others in the workplace and in public
- Support Community: Volunteer time and knowledge to aid frontline and COVID-19 victims and families
- Donate: Contribute funds to support vulnerable communities and businesses negatively impacted
“Because many of the nation’s most vulnerable populations have been disproportionately affected by COVID-19 across a wide range of segments of society, it is our belief that being a part of this effort, which spans industries and geographies, is critical,” said Roger Meltzer, DLA Piper’s global co-chair and co-chair for the Americas.
The consortium’s ten member organizations are Ascend, the Association of Latino Professionals for America, Catalyst, the Conference Board, Management Leadership for Tomorrow, the National Association of Black Accountants, the National Congress of American Indians, the National Organization on Disability, Out and Equal, and Tanenbaum.
“We are honored to join these organizations – all of them champions, connectors and conveners for diversity, equity and inclusion – as well as our fellow signatories in this effort and look forward to continuing to support this important work,” said Fenimore Fisher, the firm’s chief diversity and inclusion officer.
To see the full list of signatories and read the consortium’s announcement of this initiative, please click here.