Adding value through experience
When it comes to M&A, no other law firm is as experienced as DLA Piper. Year in, year out, we handle more M&A mandates than any of our competitors (source: Mergermarket 2010-2021).
We use our experience and learnings in various ways to enhance our clients' knowledge in this area. Our M&A Academy is a full-day or half-day seminar held at our offices around the world, aimed at junior and mid-level professionals who work in:
- M&A transactional teams of corporates
- Strategy departments of corporates
- Corporate finance
The M&A Academy is designed to:
- provide an overview of the key stages of the M&A process;
- explain the content of transactional documentation;
- explain the interaction between the lawyer, the financial adviser and the other main players in a transaction; and
- provide a deeper dive into any topics that are particularly relevant at the time, including key market trends.
The seminar is interactive and the sessions are delivered by a broad team of experienced DLA Piper senior associates. We are also able to offer bespoke M&A Academy sessions at client offices.
We take pride in delivering quality training to clients and are delighted that attendees have found previous seminars useful:
"I found the day very useful as the M&A process is new to me. The topics went into sufficient detail and comprehensive for me to understand/be able to take away key points."
"I enjoyed the training, it was informative, relevant and very well presented."
"Good day and well organised."
"Really, really well prepared and useful!"