Members of our Securities Litigation practice act for market participants in a wide range of litigation and regulatory matters before all levels of Canadian courts and US federal and state courts, securities commissions in Canada and the United States, and self-regulatory organizations.
Clients have included public issuers, their directors and officers, broker dealers and registrants, institutional and individual shareholders, and bidders and target companies.
Our team draws on firmwide resources with relevant experience in mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, corporate securities, corporate governance and class actions to create comprehensive strategies for our clients.
We provide effective problem-solving techniques in numerous matters including:
- shareholder disputes in public and private companies including oppression remedy, derivative action and winding-up proceedings
- regulatory investigations and enforcement proceedings on behalf of issuers and their directors and officers, broker dealers and registrants
- contested takeover bids
- prescriptive advice on regulatory compliance matters, corporate governance and share transfers
- securities class actions
- dealer-client litigation
- corporations' applications including plans of arrangement, amalgamations and winding-ups
- commercial disputes between issuers
- limited partnership litigation
- valuation of shares and corporate assets