DLA Piper’s Video Games and Interactive Entertainment Law practice advises clients involved in all aspects of video game development, publishing and distribution.
Our clients benefit from our firm's full-service capabilities including our media, entertainment and communications and technology and intellectual property law experience, as well as from our own passion, knowledge and experience relating to video game development and distribution.
Our group offers advice and assistance in areas that include:
- Drafting and negotiating video game development agreements, publishing agreements, distribution agreements and licence agreements
- Obtaining, protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights
- Corporate finance and securities
- Privacy, confidential information and Internet issues
- Tax incentives and other tax issues
- Regulatory affairs
- Dispute resolution
- Employment issues
- Immigration issues
We stay connected to this fast-moving sector so that our clients can make informed decisions for their business.
- Ownership of virtual property in video games.
- Legislation regarding sale of Mature and Adults Only (M & AO)-rated video games.
- Development agreements regarding games for next-gen consoles.