We are pleased to announce that Mergermarket has ranked DLA Piper #1 globally by overall M&A deal volume for the sixth consecutive year. Thomson Reuters also ranks DLA Piper #1 in global transactions for the middle market. These rankings reflect our involvement in over 440 transactions worldwide and a doubling of our average deal size.
Year after year, DLA Piper executes more deals than any other law firm. These unrivalled and sustained levels of activity are a testament to both the strength of our global platform and the consistent high quality of our service offering. Clients return to DLA Piper time and time again to handle their most strategic transactions.
We are proud of our market leading position and the benefits it brings to our clients. These include a pragmatism and commerciality that comes from experience, an ability to generate efficiencies and savings that can be passed on to our clients and a unique insight into what’s ‘market’. It also means that we are deeply integrated, in a way that only consistent collaboration can achieve.
Some of our highly publicized deals announced in 2015 include representing:
- Synergy Health plc on its recommended combination with STERIS Corporation (US$5.2 billion)
- SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, in its acquisition by Silver Lake Partners and Thoma Bravo, LLC. (US$4.6 billion)
- PAI Partners in the sale of Swissport to HNA (CHF2.7 billion)
- Shanghai Jin Jiang International Hotels, in its strategic investment in Plateno Group (US$1.3 billion)
- Senvion SE in its sale by Suzlon Group to Centerbridge Partners (€1 billion)
- Discovery Communications, Inc. in its acquisition of all remaining shares in Eurosport from TF1 (€950 million)
- Katoen Natie NV in its acquisition of Indaver Group (€827 million)
- CyrusOne LLC in its acquisition of Cervalis Holdings LLC (US$400 million)
DLA Piper also retained its #1 ranking (by deal count) in both Europe and the UK, and was ranked #4 in the US (Mergermarket) and #1 ranking (by deal count) in the UK (Thomson Reuters). Additionally, DLA Piper was again named European Mid-Market M&A Legal Adviser of the Year at the 2015 Mergermarket European M&A Awards.
As always, we are grateful to our clients for their continued trust and to our lawyers for their unwavering commitment to serving the needs of our clients around the world.