Companies operating in today's global food and beverage sector must adapt to an increasingly competitive environment and at the same time navigate an ever more complex array of industry-specific regulatory requirements. Understanding and complying with these requirements is an integral component of strategic growth, from R&D through to manufacturing, marketing and distribution.
With a global platform, on-the-ground presence in local markets and a dedicated cross-disciplinary focus on the food and beverage industry, DLA Piper is positioned to advise and partner with companies operating in this sector. We are the instigators of thought leadership and help shape the development of policy on issues integral to the industry.
We anticipate the development of key emerging issues and promptly advise on important issues affecting the industry, such as:
- Balancing consumer choice, affordability and health and wellness
- Risk management in globalized supply chains, including sustainability, provenance, obesity and food miles
- Nutritional content and the development and use of innovative ingredients
- Environmental impact, waste management and recycling
- Global legislative and regulatory trends, such as testing, certification and labeling
- Product liability, recall and class action litigation
- International trade and antitrust and competition developments (including pricing, market segmentation and merchandising)
- Advertising and, in particular, nutritional claims