DLA Piper's Family Law group advises and represents individuals in marriages and common-law and same-sex relationships on all aspects of Family Law.
Our group has extensive experience with complex financial issues and providing support through other groups within our firm to address tax, real estate, corporate and wills, trusts and estate matters.
In all cases, we adopt a solution-oriented approach, and where suitable, we recommend mediation to resolve issues amicably while avoiding costly and stressful litigation. Our experience includes:
- Divorce and separation agreements
- Property division and spousal maintenance
- Marriage agreements and cohabitation agreements
- Child-related matters, such as custody guardianship, access and child support, and inter-jurisdictional issues
Our group's primary focus is on financial issues relating to marriage breakdown, including:
- Business valuation and taxation
- Pension division
- Multi-jurisdictional issues and conflicts of laws
- Investigative and forensic accounting issues
- Shareholders' remedies
- Paul Albi, Partner, frequently writes and speaks about Family Law for the CBA's Continuing Legal Education courses.