We would like to welcome all our readers to this special issue of DLA Piper’s Real Estate Gazette, which presents material tied to the topics under discussion at our first European Real Estate Summit, to be held at the Landmark Hotel in London on Tuesday 1 March 2016.
The theme of our Summit, 'Navigating Complexity in Diversified Markets', acknowledges the challenges to be faced in allocating money in a European market which is becoming increasingly diverse, both geographically and from an asset class perspective.
In this issue of the Gazette, we give our readers an insight into a huge variety of topics, including:
- The trend in pan-European refinancing, where deals are structured on an individualized approach
- Articles from the Middle East highlighting Islamic finance as a viable alternative to conventional debt funding
- A look at the Netherlands, discussing recent case law developments affecting the VAT liability of real estate investment funds
- Articles include an assessment of Portugal’s logistics sector
- A discussion of risk in UK office leases
- A summary of the reforms to the land law system in Morocco and its rapidly developing hospitality sector
- And much more
A selection of articles is below, alternatively you can download the full Real Estate Gazette Issue 23, in two formats:
We do hope you will enjoy reading our views, and if you would like more information on any of the topics featured in this issue, please do get in touch with the authors.