DLA Piper's Oil and Gas lawyers have extensive experience in all segments of the global industry. With a vast network featuring practitioners on the ground in key jurisdictions worldwide, we understand the industry-specific nuances that affect energy transactions and disputes as well as complex, multi-jurisdictional engagements that are part of your strategy wherever you do business.
We handle both onshore and offshore legal work for a spectrum of clients, from major international oil companies, governments and state-owned companies to independents and private equity and mid-market entities. We offer leading lawyers in mergers and acquisitions, project development, finance, tax, environmental, technology and IP, real estate and dispute resolution. All our lawyers work together as a team across our global platform to address your transactional needs and, when necessary, to mobilize immediately.
We work with contractors, developers, utilities, banks, investors and governments, providing strategic advice on planning, development, financing and permitting matters, as well as legislative, political and regulatory issues.
Our experience encompasses:
- Upstream: licensing/concessions, exploration and extraction; the operation of oil and gas fields; farm-ins/farm-outs, JOAs, joint venturing
- Midstream infrastructure: construction, financing and operation of oil and gas infrastructure, such as pipelines, tank farms and refineries; sales and handling of crude oil and gas, along with the construction of related infrastructure; and CNG/LNG projects/sales
- Downstream dissemination of products: offtake of production and the sale of products; lifting and transportation of oil and gas; storage and through-putting of products
- Acquisition and disposal of oil and gas interests/assets; due diligence and investigation behind acquisitions
- Financing for oil and gas: funding acquisitions; project-financing for developments; funding cash-calls; security structures over oil and gas assets; trading of oil products
- Shipping and trading of oil and gas
- International arbitrations and other forms of dispute resolution