Beyond the buzzword: ESG and what it means for your businessBreakfast seminar – Countdown to COP 28
Thursday, 25 May 2023
ESG is an increasingly central part of business and investment decisions globally. Businesses are reviewing their frameworks to prioritise ESG initiatives and future proof them against pending legislation in Europe and beyond that will impact every aspect of the supply chain across all sectors and industries.
With COP 28 being hosted in the UAE in November 2023 and the regions Net Zero initiatives, ESG activity is now, more than ever, a focal point for organisations in the Gulf.
But what is ESG and why should your business care?
On 25 May we invite you to join our breakfast briefing at The Capital Club alongside other senior business leaders where our Partners; Andrew Mackenzie, Michiel Coenraads and Richard Fens will explore:
- the importance behind ESG from the local, regional and international perspective;
- key legal and regulatory considerations all C-suite executives need to be aware of;
- the EU’s Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD) regulations and the impact these will have;
- green-washing: what are the risks here in the Middle East;
- a blueprint for developing your ESG programme; and
- the importance of the COP and the business opportunities surrounding it.