Milan Investment Arbitration Pre-Moot2023 Edition Opening conference
Friday, 26 May 2023
9am - 1pm
Auditorium DLA Piper
DLA Piper, Via della Posta 7 – Milan
For more information, please write an email to Event Team.
Join us for the opening conference of the DLA Piper Milan Investment Arbitration Pre-Moot on Friday, 26 May 2023 at 9am (CET), in person, at our offices in Milan. Through leading arbitration specialists, the conference will touch upon some of the most challenging issues of the case study of the 15th Frankfurt Investment Arbitration Moot Competition (FIAMC).
A networking rooftop cocktail reception will be hosted at the DLA Piper Milan’s terrace on Friday evening after the rounds of hearings: it will be opened to all mooties, arbitrators, speakers and participants to the conference who wish to join.
We hope to see many of you there!
This is an in-person event and no remote connection will be made available.
- Maria Chiara Malaguti - Full Professor of International Law at Università Cattolica Sacro Cuore (Key Note Speaker)
- Gabriele Ruscalla - Avocat au Barreau de Paris, Liedekerke
- Crina Baltag - Associate Professor in International Arbitration at Stockholm University
- Marina Matousekova - International Arbitration Specialist - Partner at TALMA Dispute Resolution
- Irene Petrelli - International Arbitration Specialist - Partner, Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
A huge thank you – and best of luck - to the Teams that have registered to attend the DLA Piper FIAMC’s Pre-Moot from many different countries:
- University of Vienna, Austria
- Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany
- University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- Università degli Studi di Trento, Italy
- Higher School of Economics, Russia
A huge thank you also to the arbitrators for their availability.
If you wish to serve as an arbitrator for the rounds that will take place on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning, 26 and 27 May 2023, respectively, please contact our Event Team.
The opening conference and the DLA Piper Milan Investment Arbitration Pre-Moot are part of the Milan Arbitration Week: download the complete programme of the week.
Avv. F. Bocci, DLA Piper
Avv. V. Condemi, DLA Piper
8:45 – 9:15 - Registrations and welcome coffee
9:15 – 9:20 - Welcome remarks
Federica Bocci – Counsel, DLA Piper
9:20 – 9:40 - Investment disputes: the approach of the arbitral institutions and the ICC in particular
A welcome “coffee” with Gabriele Ruscalla - Avocat au Barreau de Paris, Liedekerke
9:40 – 10:10 - Key-note speech “An update of the ISDS reform: the impact on Italy?”
Maria Chiara Malaguti, Full Professor of International law, Università Cattolica Sacro Cuore
10:10 – 10:30 - New Challenges for a Growing Empire: Rome and the Province of Asia in the 2nd and 1st Century BC
Lorena Atzeri, Lecturer in ‘Roman Law’, Law Faculty Università degli Studi of Milan
10:30 – 10:45 - Coffee break
10:45 – 12:15 - Discussion about issues of 15th Frankfurt Moot Case-Study
Crina Baltag - Associate Professor in International Arbitration at Stockholm University
Marina Matousekova - International Arbitration Specialist - Partner at TALMA Dispute Resolution
Irene Petrelli - International Arbitration Specialist - Partner, Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
12:15 – 12:30 - Q&A session
12:30 – 12:40 - Closing remarks