Jeremy Andrews is a Partner in the Litigation and Regulatory group. Formerly head of the Litigation and Arbitration team in the UK, he now leads the firm’s International Corporate Disputes group.
Jeremy specialises in complex, cross-border litigation and international arbitration, with a particular focus on corporate disputes and fraud and asset tracing matters, including in the financial services and energy and natural resources sectors.
With over 20 years' practice experience, he has advised clients in litigations and arbitrations covering more than 35 jurisdictions, including the emerging markets and offshore.
- Acting for a joint venture company in a LCIA London arbitration concerning a shareholder dispute relating to contracts entered into by a major commodity producer, with a value of approximately US$50 billion.
- Acting for an industrials group in substantial BVI litigation concerning a joint venture in a major electricity generation and supply business, with sums in dispute of some US$1 billion.
- Acting for a Chinese SOE defending substantial claims brought in LCIA London arbitration proceedings by a Western oil major in connection with its acquisition of certain offshore assets.
- Acting for professional trustees in US$1 billion litigation relating to the Madoff fraud, involving the defence of clawback claims brought in the US (S.D.N.Y) and England (High Court) by the SIPA-appointed Madoff trustee. Also acting in the defence of US$300 million proceedings in Bermuda brought by the liquidator of one of the primary Madoff "feeder funds", with related proceedings in BVI and Monaco.
- Acting for the Special Administrator of Cyprus Popular Bank in connection with the bank's €3.5 billion fraud claim against its former management, with proceedings in Cyprus, England and Greece.
- Acting for an AIM-listed investment fund in LCIA arbitration proceedings claiming fraud against its portfolio manager and in related litigation in Mauritius with the client's joint venture partner. The claims concerned totalled in excess of US$300 million.
- Cambridge University, B.A. Hons, M.A.
Jeremy is ranked as a Leading Individual for Civil Fraud by Legal 500, as well as being recommended for Banking Litigation, Commercial Litigation and International Arbitration, with clients describing him as "responsive, energetic, and a pleasure to deal with", "a Rolls-Royce litigator, smooth and unruffled, no matter how tough the fight" and " an exceptional professional, with great qualities".
Chambers recommends Jeremy in the field of Civil Fraud, with clients describing him as "an excellent fraud litigator….incisive and very good at forward planning", "calm, considered and adept at dealing with high-pressured situations" and "incredibly dynamic".
As well as having being named in 2016 as a "Rising Star of Litigation" by Legal Week, Jeremy is also recognised as a leading asset recovery lawyer by Who's Who Legal.
Memberships And Affiliations
- London Solicitors' Litigation Association
- The Commercial Fraud Lawyers' Association
- Transparency International