Jonathan DowneySenior Associate
Jonathan is a transactional banking and finance lawyer advising both sponsors and finance providers in relation to a broad range of financings including infrastructure finance, corporate finance, real estate finance, acquisition finance and agricultural finance.
Jonathan is Australian-qualified and has experience working in London and Melbourne in addition to the EMEA region.
Jonathan has experience across a range of complex secured, syndicated and bilateral financings and is focused on delivering strong commercial outcomes for his clients with an accessible and practical approach.
- Advising Ajman Bank as initial MLA and bookrunner in connection with a USD 100m murabaha-based facility to a Bangladeshi finance institution.
- Advising Boubyan Bank in connection with various murabaha-based facilities for its customers.
- Advising Bank of Sharjah on a number of financing matters including the provision of real estate development facilities and general corporate purpose credit lines.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders in connection with the €640m refinancing and reorganisation of First Sentier Investors’ Evos Group’s senior debt facilities into a new multi-creditor common terms platform with bank facilities, guarantee facilities and EU private placement notes issuances.*
- Advising a syndicate of lenders in connection with the refinancing of LBC Tank Terminals’ senior debt facilities into a new multi-creditor common terms platform with bank and private notes issuances.*
- Advising Bristol Airport and sponsors in relation to bank and PP financings.
- Advising VTTI B.V. on the establishment of a midco common terms debt platform and raising of both midco and opco bank and PP financing.*
- Advising Beacon Rail Leasing on the EUR1.45 billion equivalent refinancing of its senior debt facilities into a new multi-creditor common terms platform with bank and PP debt.*
- Advising the lenders in connection with financing First Sentier Investors’ European Diversified Infrastructure Fund II's acquisition of Caldic's Rotterdam-based storage and production facilities, Caldic Chemie B.V.*
- Advising a syndicate of lenders in connection with financing First Sentier Investors’ European Diversified Infrastructure Fund II's acquisition of certain storage terminals from Vopak based in Amsterdam, Hamburg and Algeciras.*
- Advising Macquarie European Infrastructure Fund 6 in relation to the acquisition of Farnborough Airport, UK.*
- Advising ASX 200-listed JB Hi-Fi Group on its syndicated corporate and acquisition facilities for the acquisition of electronics and appliances retailer, The Good Guys.*
- Advising Commonwealth Bank of Australia in relation to an acquisition finance facility for the purchasers of water trader, Aware Water, including water access rights across three Australian states (Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia).*
- Bachelor of Laws, Monash University, Melbourne, 2013