Perla El ChoueiryAssociate
Perla El Choueiry practices in the area of litigation, with particular focus on commercial disputes and with experience in international arbitration.
She has litigation experience before the courts in Lebanon and the UAE and arbitration experience before arbital institutions, domestic and international, including DIAC, LCIA, ICC and ICSID.
- Advising a leading financial institution in the GCC on fraud commited within the institution valued at AED695 million.
- Representing a leading ophthalmic optics company in proceedings in relation to a c. USD13 million fraud committed in the UAE.
- Representing a prominent pan African bank in a dispute against an construction company relating to a c. USD230 million dispute regarding financial fraud.
- Advising a high profile individual in relation to a fraud committed worldwide.
- Advising and representing a leading American manufacturing company in a tax dispute against a public entity.*
- Advising one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies on outsourcing one of its department, on the impact of a merger from an employment law perspective and other employment matters.*
- Representing a client in ICC Arbitration proceedings related to a USD10 million commercial dispute seated in France.*
- Representing a client in LCIA proceedings related to a dispute arising out of subcontract agreement in an important residential development project seated in Dubai.*
- Involvement in the rendering of the expertise opinion on behalf of a client in ICSID Arbitration proceedings against a public entity.*
*Denotes experience from a previous firm
Université Saint Joseph, Beirut, Lebanon
Grand Lycée Franco-Libanais, Beirut, Lebanon
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Beirut Bar Association