Fahmy El-HallagLegal Director
With more than 30 years of successful litigation experience across the Middle East, Fahmy has extensive experience in construction, real estate, employment, insurance, IT and banking.
Fahmy advises both local and international companies and governmental entities in cases involving complex litigation. Fahmy gained particular experience in both Egypt and UAE handling litigations, arbitration and commercial legal issues. Fahmy regularly works with his clients to provide strategic advice in order to avoid potential disputes.
- Advising a major Bank in Dubai in relation to a wide range of issues associated with its distressed lending portfolio, including issues arising from lending and security packages
- Acting for a UAE contracting company in adispute over the construction of a labour camp within the UAE
- Acting for a major developer in respect of a US$125 million dispute with the contractor in relation to one of the tallest residential towers in the world
- Representing a prominent regional conglomerate in a US$300 million construction arbitration regarding the construction of a major shopping mall
- Representing a major UAE Airline company in a dispute against a Kuwaiti real estate developer in a AED300 million financial and real estate case
- Representing a global chain of hotels in relation to a dispute with their local agent
- Representing a major IT company before the Dubai and Omani Courts in relation to a dispute over a supply agreement
- Graduate Diploma in Professional commercial arbitration, 2013
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LL.B.), 1984
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of Egyptian Bar Association since October 1984
- Member of Arab Lawyers Union since July 2004