Gina M. TrimarcoSenior Attorney
Gina Trimarco is a litigator with a focus on eDiscovery and managing information for optimal litigation preparation. Gina has worked with clients from a wide array of industries on complex litigations and investigations.
Gina also counsels clients about eDiscovery, records management, and data privacy outside of the litigation context. She has more than twenty years of experience with eDiscovery and project management and leverages this experience to provide advice on policy, process and technology to reduce cost and risk.
Gina is an active member of The Sedona Conference® Working Group on Electronic Document Retention and Production and a former Steering Committee Member.
- Served as national discovery counsel for a Fortune 500 insurance company in MDL class action litigation - utilizing an eDiscovery repository to efficiently reuse data for hundreds of opt out litigations.
- Successfully defended a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company against spoliation claims.
- Developed cost-effective solutions for analysis of multiple-terabyte eDiscovery collections.
- Served as project lead for regulatory and internal investigations.
- J.D., Rutgers University School of Law 1995
- B.A., Fairleigh Dickinson University 1992
magna cum laude
Gina is a frequent speaker on electronic discovery and is actively involved in pro bono efforts.
- Team Leader and Steering Committee Liaison, The Sedona Conference Commentary on Legal Holds, Second Edition: The Trigger & The Process (June 2019)
- Team Leader, The Sedona Conference® Commentary on Privacy and Information Security: Principles and Guidelines for Lawyers, Law Firms, and Other Legal Service Providers (November 2015)
- Senior Editor, The Sedona Conference® Commentary on Proportionality in Electronic Discovery (August 2010, republished January 2013)
- Co-author, "Identify Data Vulnerability Before Employees Depart," LTN-Law Technology News
- Panelist, International Legal Holds, Annual Meeting of The Sedona Conference Working Group 6 on International Electronic Information Management, Discovery and Disclosure (January 2019)
- Speaker, Webinar on The Sedona Conference Commentary on Legal Holds, Second Edition: The Trigger & The Process, Judge Xavier Rodriguez (January 2019)
- Speaker, Webinar on Practical Guidance on Managing Legal Holds (February 2019)
- Panelist, Getting to the Needle Quicker and Cheaper, Today’s General Counsel, “The Exchange” Conference (July 2019)
- Panelist, Legal Holds, iPro Conference (April 2019)
- Speaker, Webinar, The Updated Sedona Conference Commentary on Legal Holds (August 2019)
- Speaker, Webinar, Spotlight on Early Case Assessment & AI: How to Champion Your Firm’s Audio and Video Files (August 2019)
- Moderator, The Changing Face of Legal: Meet the In-House Team of Tomorrow (September 2018)
- Panelist, Information Governance v. Defensible Disposition, and Post-Amendment Preservation and Spoliation Sanctions , Today’s General Counsel, “The Exchange” Conference (July 2018)Panelist, The New Rule 37(e) – Preservation & Sanctions, Today’s General Counsel, “The Exchange” Conference (July 2017)
- Panelist, "Just Patch and Pray? - How Information Governance Affects Cybersecurity and Easy to Implement Solutions to Address Some of the Most Common Causes of Security Incidents and Mitigate the Fallout of Data Breaches," Ingenious East Coast eDiscovery & IG Retreat, (November 2015)
- Panelist, "Learning to Swim in a Legal Tsunami - Meeting Discovery Obligations while Responding to Data Breaches," The Sedona Conference (October 2015)
- Presenter, with Guidance Software, Inc., eDiscovery Reusability, When, Why and How (October 2014)
- Panelist, "Case Study: The Swiss Army Knife Approach to eDiscovery," Ingenious eDiscovery and Information Governance Retreat (September 2014)
- Panelist, "The Exchange - eDiscovery for the Corporate Market" (July 2014)
- Panelist, "Conquering Big Data With Reusable Assets," Ingenious eDiscovery and Information Governance Retreat (July 2014)
- Presenter, with Driven, Inc., "Data Security and Privacy for Lawyers" (June 2014)
- Panelist, Panel Moderator and Dialogue Leader for "Privacy and Data Security in e-Discovery and Litigation," The Sedona Conference® Mid-Year Meeting (May 2014)
- Panelist, Dialogue Leader for "Privacy and Data Security in e-Discovery and Litigation," The Sedona Conference® Annual Meeting (November 2013)
- Presenter, with the eDJ Group, "Apples to Apples, How to Write an Effective RFP For eDiscovery Services," (September 2013)
- Panelist, "The Importance of Day-to-Day Processes, Management Skills, Swimming Upstream: Information Management and Governance," Executive Counsel Institute's E-Discovery for the Corporate Market, (July 2013)
- Faculty and Facilitator, eDiscovery Journal Bootcamp (May 2013)
- Panelist, "March Toward Predictive Coding," New York Law Journal's In-House CLE program (April 2013)
- Panelist, "eDiscovery Pitfalls and Leading Practices with an emphasis on legacy collections," Regional Educational Conference of The Association of Insurance & Reinsurance Run-Off Companies (April 2013)
- Panelist, "Proportionality in E-Discovery: Evolving Strategies; Reducing E-Discovery Abuses and Expenses by Using Proportionality Tools" Strafford Litigation Program (March 2013)
- Panelist, Dialogue leader for "The Sedona Conference Commentary on Proportionality in Electronic Discovery," The Sedona Conference® Annual Meeting (January 2013)
- Panelist, "Proportionality in E-Discovery: Emerging Strategies; Leveraging Proportionality Tools to Reduce E-Discovery Abuses and Expenses," Strafford Litigation Program (June 2012)
- Presenter, "Data Assessment: Early & Often," 15th Annual Electronic Discovery and Records Retention Conference (November 2011)
- Presenter, "Leveraging Proportionality Arguments," Women in E-Discovery New Jersey Chapter Monthly Meeting (July 2011)
Memberships And Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- The Sedona Conference® Working Group on Electronic Document Retention and Production
- Women in eDiscovery