Deputy Chair International, India Group
Meraj Noor serves as the Deputy Chair of the Global India Group at DLA Piper and focuses on securities and corporate law with a special focus on India related transactions. He also helps manage the firms coverage in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Pakistan.
Meraj is named for three consecutive years by the India Business Law Journal (2019-2022) to its top 100 international lawyers for India-related matters, naming him to its “A-List” of India specialists around the world.
- Advising UBS Securities, Citigroup, Kotak Mahindra Capital Company, ICICI Securities, SBI Capital Markets on the USD1.2 billion follow on public offering by Power Grid Corporation Limited, which is the largest electric power transmission company in India.
- Advising the Government of India and Power Finance Corporation on its USD1.2 billion follow-on public offering managed by Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, ICICI Securities and JM Financial.
- Advising Citigroup Global Markets India Private Limited, Axis Capital Limited, Kotak Mahindra Capital Company Limited and Ambit Corporate Finance Private Limited in connection with the USD120 million qualified institutional placement by Ashok Leyland, the second largest commercial vehicle manufacturer in India.
- Advising Indus Gas Limited on the establishment of a USD300 million guaranteed medium term note programme and the first tranche take down of SGD100 million 8.00% Senior Unsecured Notes listed under the SGX-ST.
- Advising Geophysical Sub-Strata Ltd. on the establishment of a US400 million medium-term note program and US151.5 million drawdown of 8.0% guaranteed notes due in 2023.
- Advising Geophysical Sub-Strata Ltd. on the tap sale of US114.5 million 8% Guaranteed Medium Term Notes due 2023 as Series 001, Tranche 002 under the Company's US400,000,000 Guaranteed Multicurrency Medium Term Note Programme.
- Advising Godrej Consumer Products Limited in connection with the acquisition of Strength of Nature LLC, a U.S. based company that makes hair care products targeted at women of African descent.
- Advising Singapore Post Limited on the acquisition of a publicly listed e-commerce company in the U.S.
- Advising Singapore Post Limited on the acquisition of a freight forwarding company in the Netherlands.
- Advising the Australian International School Limited on a refinancing transaction (which also involved an element of re-structuring shareholding across group companies). AISS is a part of Cognita, a leading international independent schools group.
- Cardiff Law School, University of Wales, LLB (Hons), 2001 – 2004
- 2010 - date - DLA Piper Singapore, Corporate Group
- 2008 – 2009 - DLA Piper Dubai, Corporate and Commercial Group
- 2004 – 2008 - Associate, Amarchand Mangaldas, New Delhi, India
Memberships And Affiliations
- Registered foreign lawyer in Singapore
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises HGS on TekLink International acquisition as it expands its digital focus
9 March 2023 .3 minute read
DLA Piper receives two 'Deals of the Year 2021' awards from India Business Law Journal
31 January 2022 .4 minute read