Prof Dr Juergen TaschkeSenior Counsel
Jürgen Taschke has broad experience in advising companies from all different sectors in the field of white collar, corporate crime and investigations. He focuses on managing regulatory risks as well as the defence of multinational organisations, especially in corruption, fraud and tax matters. His experience also covers the defence of organisations in environmental matters.
Much of Jürgen's work is international and involves contacts with prosecutors and regulators in Europe, the US and Asia. When it comes to cross-border matters, he works closely together with his colleagues from the Corporate Crime, Investigations and Compliance group, a number of skilled lawyers having the necessary experience on a local and international level.
- JUVE Handbook 2022/2023: Frequently recommended for compliance audits and investigations as well as white collar crime: advice to companies; 2020: “very experienced”, competitor
- Legal 500 Germany 2023: Recommended for compliance: internal investigations and white-collar crime: advice to companies; 2022: “Prof. Dr. Jürgen Taschke is highly knowledgeable and experienced. A clever strategist and skilled negotiator.”
- Chambers Europe Germany 2022: Recommended for compliance and dispute resolution: white collar crime: corporate advisory; “the grand seigneur of compliance in Germany.”
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recommended for criminal defense
- WirtschaftsWoche 2023: Recommended as “top lawyer” for compliance
Jürgen has published more than 50 books and articles. A significant number of the publications deal with the criminal and civil liability of management, corporations and associated questions, eg forfeiture, criminal and administrative fines.
He is also co-editor of the Journal Neue Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts-, Steuer- und Unternehmensstrafrecht (New Journal for Economic Criminal law, tax criminal law and corporation related criminal law) and member of the advisory board of the Journal Strafverteidiger (The Defense Lawyer).
My latest insights
DLA Piper Senior Counsel Prof Dr Jürgen Taschke appointed President of the Hessian...
12 December 2022 .1 minute read
Best Lawyers / Handelsblatt recommends a total of 90 lawyers from DLA Piper in Germany
23 June 2022 .2 minute read