Global M&A Intelligence Report 2022
Our 2022 Global M&A Intelligence Report is now live. The annual report is based on our analysis of key global deal terms of almost 5,000 M&A transactions on which DLA Piper has advised since 2015.
In 2021, for the twelfth successive year, we were once again number one for global M&A deal volume (Mergermarket). We also advised on the most European Private Equity buyout and exit deals combined in 2021 for the fourth consecutive year (Mergermarket).
The report includes analysis and commentary on the following key topics and questions:
- Comparing the US and European approaches to M&A
- Large vs small deals – do key terms differ?
- Differences between private equity and trade in M&A – has there been evolution?
- The impact of deal process – do auctions drive better terms for sellers?
- Buy-side deal insurance - trends during 2021 and the impact of buy-side insurance on deal terms
- Pre-sale and post-acquisition reorganizations – our top 10 practical tips
We also include our M&A Data Bank on 2021 deals, covering all of the usual statistics on closing pricing mechanisms, protections between signing and closing, limitation periods and caps, common conditions and more.
Please note, requests will be reviewed and approved at the discretion of DLA Piper. We cannot guarantee you will receive the report after submitting a request. Alternatively, please get in touch with your usual DLA Piper contact to request a copy.