Thomas ArmstrongHe/himSenior Associate
Thomas Armstrong advises public and private sector clients in relation to major infrastructure, construction and operations across a range of sectors including transportation (road and rail), water, energy, environmental remediation, hospitals, property development and waste.
He has experience assisting national and international clients throughout the project lifecycle, from procurement strategy and contract development through to document negotiation and execution, as well as providing post-execution advice and guidance. Thomas is familiar with many different contracting arrangements, including Design & Construction, Project Alliancing, Operations and Maintenance, and Services contracts.
Thomas greatly enjoys the opportunity offered by project procurement to develop a deeper understanding of a client’s sector and business needs, and to work closely with a client team in bringing a project to fruition.
- Queensland Rail, Department of Transport Main Roads, Cross River Rail Delivery Authority and Hitachi Rail STS Australia Pty Ltd on contract arrangements for the design, installation and commissioning of a European Train Control System connected to the Cross River Rail Project.
- V/Line Corporation in relation to its Rail Services Level Agreement with Head, Transport for Victoria and as a Virtual Secondee on a range of projects and infrastructure matters, including V/Line's suite of agreements for infrastructure projects across V/Line's rail network.
- Country Fire Authority Victoria in relation to the procurement and contracting process for the construction and operation of water treatment plants at seven of CFA’s Victorian regional training campuses including the treatment of legacy poly-fluoroalkyl substances (PFAS).
- Vancouver Island Health on the preparation of an alliance contract for the design, construction, operation and maintenance of the Cowichan Hospital Project in British Columbia.
- Melbourne Water Corporation on the appointment of its panel of service providers to deliver capital works across Melbourne Water's water and sewerage network.
- Environment Protection Authority Victoria in relation to appointment of services contractors to undertake waste removal and site remediation services at three major sites across Victoria.
- Transurban Queensland on its network-wide O&M arrangements across its Queensland tunnel network assets including the Legacy Way, Go Between Bridge, AirportlinkM7, Inner City Bypass and Clem7. Role included assisting on the competitive procurement process (contract preparation, negotiation and execution) for the appointment of its Tunnel Network Incident Response and Maintenance Contracts.*
- Victoria Police in relation to the construction of its state-of-the-art headquarters and advice on the design, development and construction process. *Experience gained outside DLA Piper
- Queensland University of Technology, Bachelor of Laws 2015
- Queensland University of Technology, Bachelor of Journalism, 2015