Anthony also has extensive experience with the purchase and sale of European, U.S. and emerging markets distressed assets, including bank debt and claims, plus swaps, derivatives and repurchase agreements, including secured lending facilities utilizing total return swaps and repurchase agreements, as well as regulatory capital relief transactions.
- Private equity fund, with USD6bn in assets under management, on multiple subscription facilities totaling USD200m.
- Principal of an asset manager with over USD5bn in assets under management structuring a complex, first-of-its-kind, multilayer loan structure of around USD350m, including:
– (i) a NAV-based facility of USD250m for his investment vehicle secured over underlying interests in the funds he managed; and
– (ii) a USD100m personal loan secured over the principal’s shares in the investment vehicle, a yacht and other assets. This deal included complex tax structuring.
- Investment vehicle of the two principals of a quant fund with over USD3bn in assets under management in a NAV facility of around USD400m.
- Asset manager, with over USD34bn in assets under management, in multiple NAV facilities of USD500m.
- Insurance-linked securities asset manager, with over USD4.5bn in assets under management, in multiple NAV facilities of over USD200m secured over a portfolio of underlying insurance-linked securities and cashflows.
- Fund principal’s investment vehicle on a fund of fund facility of USD100m.
- Global investment bank’s private wealth team on multiple loans to private equity LPs secured against the LP’s carried interest entitlements and cashflow.
- Singaporean asset manager’s Cayman SPC portfolio company in a USD20m leverage facility secured by its interest in, and cashflows from, an underlying CDS.
- Asset manager, with over USD10bn in assets under management, in a USD250m margin loan to leverage its underlying portfolio of loans and bonds as reference obligations.
- Asset manager and its investment vehicles in Guernsey and the Cayman Islands in a margin loan facility of USD26m.
- Ultra High Net Worth individuals private investment company on a margin loan secured against an underlying basket of liquid equities.
Structured Finance /Structured products
- Advising an investment manager on purchasing junior notes as part of repo programme
- Japanese broker on structuring and issuing repackaged AAA US and European CLOs for Japanese investors who wanted a yen-denominated product, including a euro or dollar/yen cross-currency swap.
- Private fund manager, with USD10bn in assets under management, in a USD750m multi-currency structured TRS facility backed by a portfolio of private credit loans, including loans to sports teams.
- GBP1bn senior facility for a leading global cell tower owner, focusing on the acquisition and management of ground, tower, rooftop and in-building cell site ground leases secured against its rental income.
- GBP300m junior note programme for a leading global cell tower owner.
Debt Trading / Special Situations:
- Asset manager in the acquisition of a multinational distressed and non-performing asset portfolio, including loans, claims, bonds and private equity positions.
- European subsidiary of a well-known private equity fund with over USD400bn in assets in a complex bond trading matter, including potential equitable subordination complications in Spain and Luxembourg regulatory matters.
- Asset manager of a distressed credit fund in a complex insolvency claim purchase for underlying swap agreements and early termination amounts.
- Inns of Court, School of Law, LPC
- Unviersity of Sussex, LLB (Hons)
Publications and media
- Co-authored chapter on fund finance as part of SRZ’s private funds market trend report 2020.
- Speaker at LMA Trade Issues Loan Market Association London Secondary Training Day, 2017-2019
- Speaker at SRZ Fund Finance and Structured Finance Webinar, 2020
- Speaker at SRZ Investor Trends event, 2020
• US law firm (Associate), February 2014 – December 2018
• DLA Piper, 2009 – 2014
Memberships and Affiliations
- Law Society
- Fund Finance Association