David Moss has 30 years experience acting for national governments, funders, developers, employers, contractors, specialist contractors and design teams on the legal contract administration of infrastructure projects, including the resolution of formal disputes.
David has advised on many forms of standard and non standard contracts and was involved in demonstration projects using the ECC (the predecessor to the NEC). As an experienced practitioner he sits as an adjudicator and as a member of Dispute Review Boards.
David is highly regarded for his commercial and pro active approach. He is ranked as a top tier specialist in the legal directories for being "sensible and on the ball for his strategic input".
- Advising the Employer, together with the end-user/operators, in relation to the administration and management of a D&B Contract for the extension of a tidal port, including extension of the Harbor Wall and the letting faculties to accommodate Ro-Ro Ferry of expanded cargo services. The work involved dredging, land reclamation, pavement details, extension piling and stabilization
- Representing the main contactor in defending claims for alleged defects in the design and/or works at a new cargo facility
- Advising on a claim in relation to defects in the design and construct of a major flood construction. Work included associated works to a harbor wall and jetty
- Representing a contractor in claims alleging a failure in the design or the installation of works and reletting failure of dredging reclamation works
- Advising the owner and operator on works associated with lifting machines at a new build terminal
- Advising the owner and operator of a new build facility in relation to failures of deep-water jetty and terminal structures (Qatar)
- University of Sheffield
- The College of Law, Guilford
- Ranked in UK Chambers and Partners 2018
- The Legal 500 Hall of Fame - David has been ranked in the Top Tier of Leading Individuals in each of the past 23 years. He is praised for his responsiveness, his high level of industry knowledge and is extremely well known and respected in the market.
- Legal 500 describes him as being both "pragmatic and commercial"
- Chambers Legal Directory singles him out as being "well regarded for his experience in contentious matters"
- David is an Acritas star lawyer described as being "incredibly knowledgeable, possessing huge strategic and commercial acumen - he knows how the Industry Works better than any other lawyer we have instructed"
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member CIArb
- Accredited mediator (CEDR)
- Member SCL
- Qualified Adjudicator (teCSA)
- Member, the Dispute Resolution Foundation
- Founder Member, The Adjudication Society