Lee K. AxfordAssociate
Lee Axford practises in the areas of commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, share and asset purchase transactions, secured lending matters and commercial leasing matters.
Lee has acted for a wide range of public and private sector clients and has experience negotiating and drafting complex principal agreements for acquisitions and sales, financing transactions, and corporate reorganizations.
Lee received a Bachelor of Science, from the University of Alberta in 2007. He attended law school at the University of Windsor and received a Juris Doctor in 2011. Lee has also developed and taught a course in contract drafting and negotiation at the University of Windsor, Faculty of Law.
Lee articled with the firm in 2011 and joined the firm as an associate in 2012 before continuing his professional legal career in Ontario. Lee is called to the bar in Alberta, Ontario and the Caribbean nation of Grenada.
- Acted on the negotiation of several major supply agreements for the provision of energy services.
- Acted for several large agricultural corporations with respect to multi-million dollar sales of assets.
- Acted for several automotive manufacturing corporations with respect to multi-million dollar acquisition transactions (share and asset).
- Acted for a large European corporation with respect to establishing a Canadian subsidiary for the import and processing of food products in Canada.
- Acted on the negotiation of lease agreements relating to airport hangars.
- J.D., University of Windsor, 2011
- B.Sc., University of Alberta, 2007
- Former Member of the Steering Committee at the Windsor/Essex chapter of United Way’s Emerging Philanthropist chapter;
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of the Windsor/Essex Estate Planning Council
Lee is always interested in giving back to his community, whether that be through sitting on various boards and committees, coaching children’s sports teams, participating in various community oriented speaking engagements, and volunteering at local food banks and soup kitchens.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member - Law Society of Alberta, 2012
- Member - Law Society of Ontario, 2015
- Member - Supreme Court of Grenada and the West Indies Associated States, 2014
- Canadian Bar Association