Benjamin Bluman is an associate in the firm's Vancouver office with a practice focused on corporate/commercial, M&A and securities law. Prior to joining the firm, he was a solicitor for three years in New York.
Benjamin regularly assists both public and private companies with corporate governance issues, purchase and sale of business transactions, financing transactions, and various other corporate and commercial arrangements.
Benjamin’s experience spans a wide variety of key industries, including forestry, energy, mining, healthcare and the services industry. He has also assisted on various public-private partnership projects.
Prior to joining the firm, Benjamin spent three years as an associate at a major US law firm in New York where he worked on high profile corporate transactions for many multinational clients, with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance. Sample transactions include:
- representing one of the “Big Four” accounting firms in its strategic acquisitions of various small and mid-sized professional services companies;
- representing a multinational aerospace and transportation company in the issuance of approximately US$1.5 billion of senior notes;
- representing the independent directors on behalf of the public shareholders of a name-brand fashion company in a take-private transaction initiated by the company’s founder and controlling shareholder;
- representing a large regional American telecommunications company in a strategic joint venture with a rival telecommunications company to construct a next-generation wireless network; and
- representing various large financial institutions in their capacities as lenders and administrative agents in various syndicated loans, each valued between US$100 to $400 million.
During law school, Benjamin served as a senior editor of the Harvard Environmental Law Review, a junior editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Technology and as a co-President of the Harvard Canadian Law Society.
A native of Vancouver, Benjamin graduated with a J.D. from Harvard Law School in 2009 after having earned a B.A. (Honours) in Political Science from the University of British Columbia in 2006.
Benjamin is licensed to practise law in British Columbia and the State of New York.
- Acted for CDW Canada Corp. in its acquisition of Scalar Decisions Inc., a leading technology solutions provider in Canada.
- Acted for Sunrise Service Abbotsford Ltd., in the sale of the Sunrise Toyota car dealership business to OpenRoad Auto Group Limited.
- Acted for the seller of CUL Administration of Canada Ltd in its acquisition by U.S. based Auto Financial Group.
- Acted for Goldgroup Mining Inc. in its Agreement to Sell 100% Interest in the Caballo Blanco Project to Timmins Gold Corp. for up to US$30 Million.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Past Co-President, Harvard Canadian Law Society