Tim Dawson has over 25 years' experience dealing with corporate restructuring, refinancing and distressed real estate, acting for many and varied financial institutions including banks, funds and alternative capital providers.
Tim advises financial institutions, landlords and insolvency practitioners on non-contentious corporate and real estate restructuring and insolvency, including financial and operational restructuring, security enhancement, protection and enforcement, work outs, refinancings.
He also acts on fixed charge receiverships and administrations dealing with asset realisations.
- Acting for the lender and then the administrators in relation to a theme and leisure park in Skegness dealing with the operational turnaround and eventual sale of the business.
- Acting for LBG over a four year period in relation to a distressed real estate lend in excess of GBP150 million to numerous connected companies with security over 120+ properties, including advising on security issues, enforcement options, contingency planning, restructure of facilities and a consensual sale and refinance process that has significantly reduced the bank's exposure.
- Advising the banking syndicate on a leveraged facility to a retailer including dealing with the amendment of facilities and provision of additional funds from the sponsor.
- Advising a major UK bank on its significant real estate exposure to a high net worth individual and family including dealing with security issues, consensual disposals, appointment of fixed charge receivers and court actions by numerous other creditors including applications by them to marshal the bank's security.
- Advising the administrators of a steel stockholder business, including dealing with three separate sales, resulting in the provision of over 400 jobs.
- Advising various lenders in relation to distressed real estate lending to high net worth individuals (including off-shore SPVs) and protecting their position via consensual arrangements or enforcement.
- Essex Chester Law School, LLB (Hons)
- College of Law, Chester (LSF)
- "Getting insolvency proceedings recognized in the UK: Have you thought about section 426?", 7 October 2019
- "Tenant Insolvency - How landlords should approach CVAs", 24 October 2018
- "Company voluntary arrangements: Protecting landlord interests", 3 October 2018
1997 to 2007, Associate, DLA Piper
1994 to 1997, Solicitor, DLA Piper
1992 to 1994, Trainee Solicitor, DLA Piper