Warren has substantial knowledge and expertise through his high-level involvement in transactions related to public-private partnerships, joint ventures, limited partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, construction and real estate development. He has a particular focus on the natural resources sector, complemented by significant experience in the real estate, environmental and forestry sectors.
Warren acts as counsel to a major oil and gas producer and distributor in environmental and real estate matters. He has acted for one of Canada's major integrated forest companies in all aspects of the development, financing, construction and implementation of a series of "greenfield” projects throughout North America. For over two decades he advised a major international hotel chain on all legal issues including acquisitions, divestitures, financings, hotel management and general day-to-day matters.
Warren advised a major Canadian engineering firm in connection with the negotiation, financing and construction of several public private partnerships. He also acted for an international developer in all aspects of a major land development in downtown Vancouver, and several pension funds in all matters relating to comprehensive real estate development projects.
Warren acts for a major City in the lower mainland of British Columbia in connection with acquisitions, divestitures, rezonings, permitting and affordable housing.
- Acting for a regional district in connection with acquisitions, divestitures, leasing, affordable housing and intellectual property matters.
- Acting for the purchaser of a large office building comprising part of a major retail and office complex in the Lower Mainland which involved the subdivision by way of air space parcel and the legal separation of one office tower from the balance of the complex.
- Acting for a landlord in connection with the recent assignment of lease by the tenant of a major ski hill facility.
- Acted as counsel to the proponent with respect to all aspects of the William R. Bennett Bridge Project in Kelowna, British Columbia.
- Acted as counsel to the proponent on the Canada Line rail public private partnership project in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Acting as counsel for Liquidity Wines Ltd. in connection with the acquisition, financing, operation, expansion and general day-to-day matters.
- Acted as counsel for a major Okanagan vineyard owner in connection with all aspects of the establishment and operation of vineyards in Kelowna, Summerland and Osoyoos.
- LL.B., University of Ottawa, 1976
- B.A., Notre Dame College (University of Ottawa), 1973
- Best Lawyers in Canada (Project Finance Law), 2013-2023
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, 1998-2019
- American Lawyer Magazine and Martindale-Hubbell, 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Canada
- Former Director, Emergency Communications for Southwest British Columbia (E-Comm), 1998-2000
- Member, West Vancouver Police Board, 1985-1991; 1996-2002
- Former Member, West Vancouver Advisory Finance Commission, 1993-1995
- Former Director & Secretary, West Vancouver Alcohol & Drug Prevention & Treatment Services Society
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society of America