Jerritt R. PawlykPartner
Jerritt Pawlyk is a partner in the Restructuring and Insolvency Group and an experienced advocate and advisor for clients across many industries.
For over 15 years, Jerritt has represented clients in all aspects of the insolvency process. He has acted extensively for lenders, distressed companies, receivers, creditors, trustees, monitors and other court appointed professionals in all types of proceedings across various industries. In particular, Jerritt has gained a unique understanding of the restructuring of real estate projects and companies, including creative uses of the Companies’ Creditors Arrangements Act to achieve favourable results for his clients.
In addition to his restructuring work, Jerritt also advises on builders’ liens and other construction related issues, as well as commercial litigation, especially when these issues intersect with Insolvency.
- Counsel to the Monitor Ernst & Young Inc. in the CCAA proceedings of Midnight Integrated Financial Inc. et al.
- Counsel to Abbey Resources Corp. in its proceedings under the CCAA
- Represents a secured creditor and Critical Supplier in the CCAA proceedings of Dominion Diamond Mines
- Represents a secured creditor in the CCAA proceedings of JMB Crushing Systems Inc.
- Counsel to the primary lender in the Receivership of Destiny Bioscience Global Corp.
- Acts for a secured lender in the Receivership of Westpoint Capital Corporation
- Represented the first secured lender in the CCAA proceedings of Kolsy Homes Ltd. and Rivairo Capital Corporation
- Represented a primary lender in the Receivership of Reid Built Homes
- Acted for the Court Appointed Monitor in the CCAA proceedings of Rotating Right Inc.
- Represented a major multi-jurisdictional Landlord in the CCAA proceeding of Advanced Engineering Products Group
- Counsel to a Landlord in the CCAA proceedings of Nortel Networks
- Acted for multiple condominium corporations in the CCAA proceedings of the Medican Group of Companies
- Acted for secured equipment finance company in the CCAA proceedings of Cow Harbour Construction
- LL.B., University of Alberta, 2005
- B.A., University of Alberta, 2001
- The Legal 500 Canada (Restructuring), 2022
- Co-Author, "Alberta Court of Queen's Bench reaffirms validity of "priority flip" upon bankruptcy and casts doubt on ability of provinces to preserve pre-bankruptcy priorities," National Insolvency Review, Volume 40, Number 1, February 2023
- Co-Author, The Hothouse of Real-Time Regulation: Emerging Law Under CCAA Section 11.1, 20th Annual Review of Insolvency Law, 2022
- Co-Author, “Transitioning from LIBOR in North America”, October, 2020
- Author, “Crypto-Assets in North America”, July 2020
- Quoted, "Smoking Hot: Canada Worked Out," The Global Restructuring Review, February 9, 2021
- Quoted, "DLA Piper hires in Canada," The Global Restructuring Review, January 7, 2021
- Past-president, Friends of the Ukrainian Village Society
Memberships And Affiliations
- INSOL International
- Turnaround Management Association
- Canadian Bar Association
My latest insights
Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench reaffirms validity of “priority flip” upon bankruptcy
29 May 2022 .5 minute read
Protecting creditors and the public interest: Ontario Court of Appeal modifies the...
31 March 2022 .6 minute read