Arthur Tso is a Partner in the Corporate team, based in DLA Piper's Hong Kong office. He has extensive experience advising on initial public offerings, pre-IPO investments, venture capital financing, corporate restructuring and mergers and acquisitions.
Arthur represents issuers, shareholders, underwriters and sponsors on IPOs, including secondary and dual primary listings, on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. He also represents private equity investors, investment funds and professional investors on a wide range of transactions including public and private mergers and acquisitions, strategic investments, privatizations and investments in equity and convertible instruments.
He regularly advises on all kinds of regulatory and corporate governance issues involving Hong Kong listed companies.
- Advising on a number of Hong Kong IPOs and Rule 144A or Reg S offerings in a variety of industries, including TMT, healthcare, biotech, consumer retail, new technology, online gaming, property, infrastructure and mining etc. Notable deals include:
- The listings of Nayuki (2150.HK), Greentown Management (9979.HK), Suzhou Basecare Medical (2170.HK), Tongcheng-eLong (0780.HK), Tongdao Liepin (6100.HK), Meitu (1357.HK), Chengdu Expressway (1785.HK), iDreamSky Technology (1119.HK), China Huarong Asset Management (2799.HK), China Railway Signal & Communications (3969.HK), Yangtze Optical Fibre and Cable (6869.HK), Tian Ge Interactive (1980.HK), Qinhuangdao Port (3369.HK; 601326.SS), China Harmony Auto (3836.HK), Forgame (0484.HK), Sunshine Oilsands (2012.HK), Wynn Macau (1128.HK), China Gold International (2099.HK; TSE: CGG), SouthGobi Resources (1878.HK; TSE: SGQ), CITIC Dameng (1091.HK), Tibet 5100 Water Resources (1115.HK), SITC International (1308.HK), NVC Lighting (2222.HK) and China ITS (1900.HK) etc.
- Advising numerous private equity funds and institutional professional investors on pre-IPO investments, cornerstone investments, venture capital investments, including advising:
- CMC Capital Partners, as strategic investor, in the USD$422 million initial public offering and listing of Cloud Village (9899.HK) on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Cloud Village is the music streaming business owned by NetEase Inc.
- Lilly Asia Ventures, as (i) substantial shareholder and cornerstone investor, in the USD$225 million initial public offering and listing of Abbisko (2256.HK) on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Abbisko is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery and development of innovative and differentiated small molecule oncology therapies; and (ii) cornerstone investor, in the HKD$2.34 billion initial public offering and listing of Peijia Medical Limited (9996.HK) on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Peijia Medical is a leading player in the transcatheter valve therapeutic medical device market and the neuro-interventional procedural medical device market in China;
- Nall Technology Holdings LP, on its subscription of pre-IPO convertible promissory notes issued by Smoore International (6969.HK), the world’s largest vaping device manufacturer.
- Advising on strategic investments, sale and purchase transactions and privatization, including advising:
- Winteam Pharmaceutical Group Limited (0570.HK), in its RMB2.6 billion acquisition of Tongjitang Chinese Medicine and its related HKD $1.3 billion equity placing;
- Delta Networks, Inc. (0722.HK) in its HKD $1.1 billion privatization by Delta Electronics by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Advising issuers, investors and underwriters on the issuance or subscription of high yield bonds, convertible notes and other convertible instruments.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Chinese (Cantonese)
- The University of Hong Kong, Pg Cert China Business
- The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
- Durham University, LLB, Hons.
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Arthur was a partner in the Hong Kong office of an Am Law 50 firm. He gained private wealth management compliance experience working in the legal and compliance department of an international investment bank before joining the profession.
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Mason Group on privatization by way of a scheme of arrangement
20 November 2023 .3 minute read
DLA Piper advises Aesthetic Medical International in receiving PIPE investment
30 May 2022 .2 minute read