Joseph Wolfe concentrates his practice on intellectual property, including domestic and foreign patent prosecution and preparation, patent validity and infringement analysis, and due diligence.
Joseph's work includes preparing and prosecuting patent applications in a wide variety of technology areas, among them computer software and hardware, artificial intelligence, financial technologies (business methods/blockchain), virtualization technology, electrical products and integrated circuits, semiconductor manufacturing equipment and processes, and mechanical fields. Joseph also assists with due diligence and opinion work relating to patentability, infringement, validity, and freedom to operate.
AI/ML APPLICATION EXPERIENCE:
- Deep learning processes for predictive modeling of sporting event outcomes given spatial event data from sporting events.
- Predictive modeling via conditional variational autoencoders for simultaneously predicting trajectories of players during a sporting event given live player tracking data.
- Classification of offensive and defensive team alignments given image data of a sporting event using a convolutional neural network.
- Predictive modeling of player shot attempts using artificial neural networks and personalized embeddings.
- Multi-modal prediction for a plurality of attributes of a subsequent possession using previous play-by-play information and a mixture density network.
- Predictive modeling of a target team executing a target play using a combination of a variational autoencoder and neural network.
- Applications directed natural language processing (NLP) technology for intelligent financial assistants.
- J.D., Villanova University 2014
- B.S., Mathematics, Physics Minor, University of Scranton 2011
magna cum laude
- Co-author, "Subject Matter Eligibility Challenges With Requirements for Functional Claiming," Law.com, March 25, 2020 (with William Bartow)
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Joseph was employed at an intellectual property boutique firm where he gained experience in various aspects of intellectual property law, primarily domestic and foreign patent preparation and prosecution.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Board of Directors, SJP…Men for Others, Inc.
My latest insights
Enter the metaverse: Seeking patent protection for metaverse innovations
28 February 2022 .5 minute read
Claim drafting strategies for artificial intelligence innovations
28 June 2021 .5 minute read