Your global partner in reimagining healthcare
The highly regulated healthcare industry is changing rapidly, driven by technological innovation, shifting payment models, and widespread consolidation and integration. Our clients rely on our broad industry knowledge, experience in healthcare regulation and deep understanding of their businesses to navigate these changes.
Healthcare transformation requires creative thinking and bold solutions. As you grow and innovate, we’ll support you at every stage. Clients choose us because our lawyers translate complex legal topics into clear guidance and insight that helps them succeed.
“The lawyers leave no stone unturned, have an extraordinary level of attention to detail and don't cut corners.”
With offices worldwide and a broad range of practice groups, we’ll take a multijurisdictional and cross-discipline approach to addressing your most complex issues. Together, we’ll guide you through growth and change.
- We are acting for NHS Digital in its preparation for the COVID-19 UK Public Inquiry. To date this work has included: Core Participant status application; advice on a significant disclosure exercise; interviews of senior office holders; and responding to a detailed module 2 Rule 9 Request from the Public Inquiry (for two corporate witness statements and disclosure of documents).
- DLA Piper has acted as Global Coordinating Counsel for GE in the separation of its health care business and subsequent launch of GE HealthCare Technologies Inc., a global leader in precision health care. This was a significant and complex project which demanded that we drew upon our multi-jurisdictional capabilities to combat continued challenges relating to the corporate structuring of the client.
- We have been advising NHS England on all procurement, contractual and data privacy issues associated with the creation of the NHS Genomic Medicine Service, and NHS England's ongoing partnership with Genomics England. The Genomic Medicine Service is the first national health care system to offer whole genome sequencing as part of routine care.
- Advising Ramsey Healthcare on its acquisition of Elysium Healthcare, a leading UK provider of care home facilities for individuals with diverse and complex needs.
- We have recently been appointed to provide legal support for Cancer Research Horizons, which is the research and innovation arm of Cancer Research UK. This crosses all practice areas and the focus so far has been on intellectual property, transactions, privacy & cybersecurity and regulatory.
- We are proud to have been retained by Anthony Nolan, the UK's leading human stem cell and human tissue charity and hub, to advise on its contract terms for getting in and donating/licensing-out human stem cells and tissue. The advice has required a detailed understanding of the regulation of human stem cells and tissue. The terms on which we advised and which we drafted are core to Anthony Nolan's day-to-day work