Dr Florian Biesalski LL.M.Partner
Dr Florian Biesalski is well-known for guiding clients through the legal complexities of German and pan European property law. Along with his multi-lingual team, Florian advises German and international clients on complex real estate transactions as well as on the ongoing asset management in order to optimize the assets from a legal and commercial perspective.
He helps his clients to successfully structure real estate transactions and offers to them a cross-disciplinary advisory services. In addition, Florian focuses on pan-European portfolio transactions and on specific asset classes such as hotels, logistics, care homes, data centers and micro-living. His client base includes national and international real estate funds, insurance companies as well as operators.
Florian is Real Estate Sector Head Germany.
- Advising Principal Real Estate Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft mbH on the sale of a hotel portfolio consisting of eleven high quality, city center properties in five countries to Axa for EUR543m.
- Advising a consortium of Korean investors on the acquisition of the “Hilton Parkview” congress hotel in Vienna as part of a joint venture.
- Advising consortiums of Korean investors led by Meritz Securities on the acquisition of the Telekom Headquarters in Bonn and a trophy asset in Munich.
- Advising Principal Real Estate Spezialfondsgesellschaft mbH on the acquisition of the “Vitahris” health centre located in Bad Neuenahr in Rhineland-Palatinate.
- Advising CORESTATE Capital Holding S.A., a fully integrated investment manager and co-investor based in Luxembourg, on its acquisition of the micro-living assets in Hamburg “WOODIE” and Berlin.
- Advising Korian on the restructuring and sale of two nursing homes in Germany.
- University of Munster, LL.M., 2012
- University of Trier, Ph.D., 2011
- Higher Regional Court of Dusseldorf, Second State Examination, 2006
University of Constance, First State Examination, 2004
- JUVE Handbook 2022/2023: Often recommended for real estate/project development; “very competent and solution-oriented”, competitor, “extremely good and goal-oriented cooperation”, competitor on entire team
- Legal 500 Germany 2021: Recommended for real estate and construction: real estate; “unagitated, goal-oriented and solution-oriented”
- Chambers Europe Germany 2022: Recommended for real estate
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recommended for real estate
Before Florian came to DLA in 2017, he was a partner at a global legal firm in Frankfurt where he started as associate in 2011. After qualifying as a lawyer in 2007, he first worked for a real estate boutique in Dusseldorf and later for an American law firm in Munich.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Export Club Bavaria
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Art-Invest on the acquisition of the Premier Inn Hotel in Braunschweig
6 February 2023 .1 minute read
DLA Piper advises Capvis on the acquisition of a majority stake in Schurter Group
20 January 2023 .2 minute read