Andreas Füchsel LL.M.Partner
Excellent legal knowledge and commercial understanding.
Andreas Füchsel focuses on private equity, venture capital, M&A, capital markets as well as special situation advisory.
He has extensive experience with public company transactions (including SPAC transactions), LBOs, corporate governance, securities law and cross-border M&A. Andreas has been engaged in many contested matters and advised on some of the most high-profile activist campaigns in Germany.
Andreas heads the German Corporate group of DLA Piper.
- Advising the listed German umbilical cord blood bank Vita 34 AG on its public exchange offer for all shares of its competitor Polski Bank Komórek Macierzystych.
- Advising gaming platform Aonic AB on its acquisition of AddApptr Group, a leading and fast-growing mobile ad tech company.
- Advising Active Ownership Capital as a co-investor of The Carlyle Group in the public acquisition of the railroad technology company Schaltbau AG.
- Advising EQT Ventures on multiple investments, including Anydesk, Wonder, philandro, GRITSpot, Home HAT, Origin.bio, Linearity, Formo, Timeless, voilà and Superlist.
- Advising iC Consult Group, a portfolio company of the Carlyle Europe Technology Partners IV Fund, on the acquisition of U.S. companies IC Synergy and SecureITSource.
- Advising Active Ownership Capital on the mandatory offer for Vita 34 AG.
- Advising The Carlyle Group on the acquisition of digital agency Dept.
- Advising Active Ownership Capital on takeover offer for technology holding exceet Group SE.
- Advising Active Ownership Capital on the acquisition of industrial brake manufacturer Pintsch Bubenzer.
- Advising Active Ownership Capital on the minority investment in the pharmaceutical company STADA Arzneimittel AG.
- Advising The Carlyle Group on the sale of HR software developer P&I AG to Hg Capital.
- Advising international financial investors on the restructuring of Treveria Immobiliengruppe (formerly Dawnay Day Treveria).
- Advising The Carlyle Group on the public takeover and taking private of financial information service provider vwd Group.
- Advising The Carlyle Group on the public takeover and taking private of HR software developer P&I AG.
- University of Miami School of Law, LL.M., 2001
- Higher Regional Court of Bamberg, Second State Examination, 2000
- University of Bayreuth, First State Examination, 1998
Awards & Recognitions
- JUVE Handbook 2022/2023: Frequently recommended for corporate law, M&A, venture capital and private equity transactions (mid cap); “excellent legal knowledge and commercial understanding”, client (2021/2022)
- Legal 500 Germany 2023: Recommended for private equity: transactions
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023/2024: Recommended for private equity
- Abuse of Rights in Supervisory Board Elections, New Journal of Corporate Law (Rechtsmissbräuchliche Gestaltung von Aufsichtsratswahlen, Neue Zeitschrift für Gesellschaftsrecht)
- The New German Bond Restructuring Act, Financier Worldwide
- The New German Voting Right Disclosure Rules, Financier Worldwide
Prior to joining DLA Piper in May 2017 Andreas practiced as a lawyer for well-known national and international law firms in Frankfurt/Main. In 2005, he worked on a nine-month client secondment in the Investment Banking Division of Citigroup Frankfurt.
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Gaming Group Aonic on the issue of a Nordic Bond and the acquisition of...
21 November 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises EQT Ventures on USD14.4 million seed funding round in Payrails
22 June 2023 .1 minute read