Andreas Intelmann has extensive experience in complex international and domestic disputes. He represents clients in all types of dispute resolution proceedings (arbitration, court proceedings and ADR).
He regularly acts for clients from a variety of sectors and has gathered particularly broad experience in the energy sector and financial services.
- Advising on large scale and complex construction disputes in the energy sector, involving numerous jurisdictions on several continents, with values in dispute regularly in the two to three digit million Euro range and being resolved through various dispute resolution mechanisms (e.g. mediation, dispute adjudication boards, litigation or arbitration under ICC, LCIA, DIS, NAI or ICSID rules).
- Advising on a multijurisdictional warranty case in the energy sector involving complex questions of international law of civil procedure and sanctions law with a value in dispute of several billion Euros.
- Advising and representing a leading German photovoltaic corporation in several disputes against a Chinese supplier which resulted from the termination of long term supply contracts with a volume of over EUR5 billion and an on demand guarantee for EUR245 million; comprising injunctive proceedings and a subsequent appeal in the German courts, injunctive proceedings in China as well as ICC ADR proceedings and an ICC arbitration.
- Advising and representing a US investment bank in connection with disputes arising out of cross border leasing transactions of a German municipal company secured by a CDO portfolio of USD200 million; in particular enforcing contractual claims amounting to USD100 million in the English courts and fending off corresponding claims for damages in Germany including proceedings before the ECJ on questions of jurisdiction under the Brussels I regulation.
- Advising a leading German financial institution in relation to damages claims in several jurisdictions (Germany, England, US) in connection with the sale of a shareholding for EUR800 million being affected by bribery.
- Advising and representing a major British bank in connection with the destruction of hedge fund capital caused by the financial crisis and allegations of fraud against the external fund management, in particular comprehensive internal investigation, bringing damage claims in the courts of the Cayman Islands with an amount of several hundred million Euros in dispute and defence against legal actions by note holders in the German courts.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Higher Regional Court Koblenz, Second State Examination, 2006
- University of Passau, First State Examination, 2004
- 2013-2019: Senior Legal Counsel with Siemens Aktiengesellschaft and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy managing complex and high-value disputes of strategic importance worldwide
- 2007-2013: Managing Associate at a Magic Circle law firm in Munich, Frankfurt and Hong Kong