Dr Daniel H. Sharma LL.M.Partner
Dr Daniel Sharma specializes in international arbitration and commercial law disputes before state courts. He has experience across a number of jurisdictions and sectors, including technology, infrastructure, automotive and chemicals but he is particularly recognised in the market for his expertise in the energy sector, with a focus on renewables, construction, aviation and ESG disputes.
Daniel regularly acts for private companies as well as governments, governmental institutions and international organisations and advises his clients with regard to ad hoc and institutional arbitrations in English, French and German under a wide range of rules, including ICC, SIAC, DIS, CIETAC, UNCITRAL and ICSID. He also acts as arbitrator in ad hoc and institutional arbitration proceedings. In addition, Daniel is also well-versed in handling disputes related to antitrust issues. He speaks frequently at conferences and publishes regularly on arbitration law, supply chain, human rights issues and related topics in various leading German and international legal journals.
Daniel is Co-Chair of the Firm's global India Group.
- JUVE Handbook 2022/2023: Frequently recommended for dispute resolution: litigation and arbitration, “empathetic and skilful mediator”, competitor; 2021/2022: “very experienced international litigator in India-related arbitration”, competitors
- Legal 500 Germany 2023: Recommended for dispute resolution: arbitration (including international arbitration)
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recognised as “lawyer of the year” for international arbitration (2020) and recommended for arbitration and mediation, international arbitration and litigation
- Who is Who Legal 2022: Recommended as a "national leader" for arbitration
- Chambers Global 2018: “Very responsive and co-operative” and “he is very calm and brings things to the point brilliantly”
Daniel regularly publishes in the areas of dispute resolution and competition law and is a frequent speaker at seminars and conferences. Numerous publications in the areas of dispute resolution and European law, including:
- "Current Trends in Investment Arbitration," LegalEra Magazine 2014
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to International Arbitration 2014 Edition - Germany
Memberships And Affiliations
- ICC Commission on Arbitration
- ICC Indian Advisory Group
- SIAC User Council
My latest insights
Best Lawyers / Handelsblatt recommends a total of 90 lawyers from DLA Piper in Germany
23 June 2022 .2 minute read
German Supply Chain Act (Lieferkettensorgfaltspflichtengesetz) – New standard for human...
29 September 2021 .2 minute read