Joseph G. SilverPartner
Joey Silver is a private equity and corporate lawyer with an international practice focused on representing private equity firms, venture capital firms and other business owners with structuring and negotiating mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, equity investments and other general corporate matters.
He regularly represents nationally known private equity firms and sellers selling to such firms in corporate matters, including serving as lead counsel in connection with hundreds of M&A and investment transactions in the last ten years. Joey's broad transactional experience spans several industries, including technology, telecommunications, business software and services, consumer products, manufacturing, healthcare, financial services and staffing, among others. In addition to managing complex transactions, he serves as outside general counsel to numerous private-equity backed portfolio companies and other private companies advising on various legal and business matters, including add-on acquisitions, corporate governance, equity compensation, capital raising, joint ventures, customer contracts and general corporate matters.
Joey is a member of the firm's Executive Committee and is the Chair of the US Private Equity practice.
- Counsel to private equity firms, venture capital firms and corporate, strategic and angel investors in more than 100 recent mergers, acquisitions and equity transactions
- Counsel to private companies in mergers and acquisitions with aggregate consideration exceeding US$4 billion in the last five years
- Counsel to private companies in implementing acquisition strategies in different industries, including technology, telecommunications, business software and services, consumer products, manufacturing, healthcare, financial services and staffing
- Counsel to technology, healthcare and software companies in more than 100 recent issuances of equity and debt securities
- J.D., University of Georgia School of Law 1997
- B.A., Psychology and Business Administration, Vanderbilt University
- Chambers USA
- Band 2, Georgia Corporate/M&A (2023)
- Band 3, Georgia Corporate/M&A (2019-2022)
- Band 4, Georgia Corporate/M&A (2014-2018)
- Up and Coming, Georgia Corporate/M&A (2013)
- The Legal 500 United States
- Recommended, Private Equity Buyouts (2022)
- Recommended, M&A/Corporate and Commercial Private Equity Buyouts (2019-2021)
- Recommended, Commercial Deals & Contracts (2018)
Joey is a regular speaker and panelist in the local investment community and has published several articles.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Southern Capital Forum
- Technology Association of Georgia