Gábor Simon *Partner
Gábor Simon has a vast experience in advising a full range of energy and gas sector companies, including conventional power generators, energy equipment manufacturers, system and network operators and energy traders, as well as on renewable energy projects.
He has extensive practice in the course of providing legal support to domestic and cross-border commercial transactions.
- University of Miskolc, J.D., Faculty of Law, Miskolc, Hungary, cum laude 1996-2001
- University of Miskolc, Postgraduate Course, Faculty of Law and Economic Sciences, Miskolc, Hungary, 2002-06
- Gábor Simon act on renewable energy and natural gas transactions and regulatory matters. - Legal500, 2021
- ”He is always looking at the bigger picture, while being truly hands-on, [..] never loses focus, while being an expert in the industry.” - Chambers Europe, 2021
- “Gábor Simon gives very well-based and clear advice.” - Legal500, 2020
- "Gábor Simon has very deep industry experience and knows a lot about the Hungarian energy sector and regulation, he is well prepared and precise." - Chambers Europe, 2019
- Regular speaker on the annual Hungarian Energy Traders' Association (HETA) conference
Prior to joining DLA Piper Hungary, he has worked for MVM, the Hungarian state-owned electricity holding company and MAVIR, the Hungarian transmission system operator as a senior in-house counsel.
Rankings and Awards
- Legal 500, 2019 - 2023, Projects and Energy, (Individual Rankings): Hall of Fame
- IFLR1000, 2022, Energy, (Individual Rankings): Notable practitioner
- IFLR1000, 2018 - 2021, Energy, (Individual Rankings): Rising Star
- Chambers Europe, 2020 - 2021, Projects and Energy, (Individual Rankings): Band 2
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Hungarian Energy Traders' Association